PAPERS SENT FOR PUBLICATIONS: (2009)
1. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Kankane Arvind. Neuropulmonary syndromes: Under recognized and potential treatable associations. India Academy of Neurology.
2. Panagariya A, Surekha R K, Shrma B, Hrishikesh K, Clinical Profile of Epilepsy in a tertiary care centre of North West India: JIMA.
3. Panagariya A, Surekha R K, Sharma B, Hrishikesh K, Clinical Profile of Epilepsy in a tertiary care centre of North West India: JIMA.
4. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Ralot T, Dubey P, Satija V. An epidemiological study of epilepsy from north western part of india. Epilepsia.
5. Panagariya A, Sharma B, K Sudhir, Dibey P, Satija V. case series of isolated hypoglossal nerve palsy. PGMJ.
6. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Dubey P, Satija V. Cortical ribboning on MRI brain in CJD – a case report. JAPI.
7. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Dubey P, Satija V Clinicoradiological profile of multiple sclerosis and an experience with mitoxantrone in a tertiary care centre in north western part of India. AIAN.
8. Panagariya A, Sureka R, Ralot T, Sharma B, Dubey P, Clinico radiological profile of patients of Tubercular meningitis and the role of CSF PCR in early diagnosis – A case series from North Western India IJID.
LIST OF PUBLICATION OF DR. C. M. SHARMA & DR. B. L. KUMAWAT
Kumawat BL, Sharma CM, V. SATIJA, G. TRIPATHI, S. KUMAR, S. DIXIT: A Case Of Acute Akinetic Rigid Parkinsonism Due To Honeybee Sting. J Neurol Sci [Turk] 2009 [cited 2009 June 19];26:256-258.
C. Sharma, B. Kumawat, G. Tripathi & S. Dixit : Isolated Sensory Trigeminal Neuropathy- A Rare Clinical Presentation of Brain Stem Tuberculoma. Case Report. The Internet Journal of Neurology. 2009 Volume 11 Number 1
C. Sharma, B. Kumawat, G. Tripathi, A. Kankane & S. Dixit : Medial Rectus Cysticercosis. The Internet Journal of Neurology. 2009 Volume 11 Number 1
C M Sharma, BL Kumawat, T. Ralot, G. Tripathi & S. Dixit: Abdominal Aorta Thrombosis Presenting as Headache: The Internet Journal of Neurology. 2008; Volume 10, Number 1.
Sharma CM, Dinesh Khandelwal,Kumawat BL, Ralot T Fluorotic cervical myelopathy:Pictorial CME, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008;79:1021 doi:10.1136/jnnp.2007.127985
Kochar DK, Poonia A, Kumawat BL, Shubhakaran, Gupta BK.
Study of motor and sensory nerve conduction velocities, late responses (F-wave and H-reflex) and somatosensory evoked potential in latent phase of intermittent acute porphyria. Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. 2000 Mar; 40(2):73-9. PMID: 10746181 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Shubhakaran, Thanvi I, Agrawal N. Cerebellar syndrome in Plasmodium falciparum malaria. QJM. 1999 Apr;92(4):233-4. No abstract available. PMID: 10396612 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Shubhakaran, Kumawat BL, Thanvi I, Joshi A, Vyas SP. Ophthalmoscopic abnormalities in adults with falciparum malaria. QJM. 1998 Dec;91(12):845-52. PMID: 10024950 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Shubhakaran, Kochar SK. A patient with falciparum malaria and bilateral gangrene of the feet who developed arrhythmia/ventricular fibrillation after quinine therapy. QJM. 1998 Mar;91(3):246. No abstract available. PMID: 9604078 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Shubhakaran, Kumawat BL, Kochar SK.Seizures in cerebral malaria. QJM. 1997 Sep;90(9):605-7. No abstract available.
Chauhan S, Kochar DK, Solanki BS, Kumawat BL. Brainstem auditory evoked potentials (BAEPs) and somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs) in enteric encephalopathy (EE).Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol. 1997 Oct;37(7):423-9. PMID: 9402431 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Gupta DV, Sandeep C, Halwai M, Kumawat BL.Study of brain stem auditory-evoked potentials (BAEPs) and visual-evoked potentials (VEPs) in leprosy.Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 1997 Jun;65(2):157-65. PMID: 9251586 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Karan S, Kochar SK, Agarwal RP. (MD Thesis Paper) Severe and complicated malaria in Bikaner (Rajasthan), western India Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 1997 Jun;28(2):259-67. PMID: 9444003 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL.Cerebral malaria or Plasmodium falciparum malaria with hypoglycaemia. Lancet. 1996 Jun 1;347(9014):1549-50. No abstract available.PMID: 8684116 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Sharma CM, Kumawat BL, Ravinder Singh. Neurocystercosis presenting as isolated third cranial nerve palsy. Journal of International Medical Sciences Academy, Delhi 2008 Jan-March Special issue.
Sharma CM, Kumawat BL, Ralot T, Tripathi G.Guillain - Barre syndrome occurring during dengue fever. JIMA 2008(Accepted for publication)
Kumawat BL, Sharma CM, Tripathi G, Ralot T, Dixit S. Wilson's disease presenting as isolated obsessive-compulsive disorder. Indian J Med Sci. 2007 Nov;61(11):607-10. PMID: 18025747 [PubMed - in process]
Sharma CM, Kumawat BL, Tripathi G, Ralot T, Dixit S. Upper -limb Dystonia Secondary to Atalnto-axial Dislocation-a rare case report . http://www.articlesbase.com/diseases-and-conditions-articles/upperlimb-dystonia-secondary-to- atlantoaxial-dislocation-a-rare-case-report-234955.html | Posted: 13-10-2007 |
Sharma CM, Kumawat BL, Kankane Arvind. Cutis Verticis Gyrata,epilepsy and mental retardation: A rare neurocutaneous syndrome. Current Medical Trends,2006 ;10:1942-44.
Panagariya A, Kumawat BL, Singh R, Sukhani P. Total unilateral medullary syndrome--a rare complication of chiropractic manipulation. J Assoc Physicians India. 2004 Jul;52:556. No abstract available. PMID: 15645982 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Shubhakaran, Kumawat BL, Kochar SK, Halwai M, Makkar RK, Joshi A, Thanvi I.Cerebral malaria in Indian adults: a prospective study of 441 patients from Bikaner, north-west India. J Assoc Physicians India. 2002 Feb;50:234-41.PMID: 12038655 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Jain N, Sharma BV, Kumawat BL, Meena CB. Dyke-Davidoff Masson syndrome : neuroimage. Neurol India. 2001 Dec;49(4):417. No abstract available PMID: 11799424 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Agarwal N, Sharma BV, Jain N, Kumawat BL, Joshi A, Meena CB. Paradoxical triceps jerk, a neglected localising sign in clinical neurology. Neurol India. 2001 Jun;49(2):213. No abstract available. PMID: 11447454 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Joshi A, Vallabh B, Meena CB, Kumawat BL, Jain N.Effect of arteether on electrocardiogram in the patients of falciparum malaria--a preliminary study.Indian J Malariol. 1999 Sep-Dec;36(3-4):61-4. PMID: 11398663 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Chadda VS, Kumhar MR, Kumawat BL, Singh VB, Gupta BK, Nayak KC. Young onset abdominal aortic aneurysm. J Assoc Physicians India. 2000 Dec;48(12):1226. No abstract available. PMID: 11280246 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Thanvi I, Joshi A, Agarwal N, Kumawat BL, Shubhakaran. Pregnancy with cerebral malaria. J Assoc Physicians India. 2000 Dec;48(12):1222-4. No abstract available. PMID: 11280241 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Panagariya Ashok and Kumawat BL.Pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease-Current understandings. National Bulletin on Parkinson’s disease(ISSN 0971-8230) 2000,July-Sept:6-8
Panagariya Ashok, Bhawana Sharma and Kumawat BL. Neurotransmission and brain repair-Future therapeutic perspective. The Rajasthan Medical Journal,2000,34(3-4):36-41.
Kochar DK, Agarwal RP, Joshi A, Kumawat BL. Herpes zoster and post-herpetic neuralgia--a clinical trial of aspirin in chloroform for anodyne. J Assoc Physicians India. 1998 Apr;46(4):337-40. PMID: 11273312 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Shubhakaran, Kumawat BL, Vyas SP.Prognostic significance of eye changes in cerebral malaria. J Assoc Physicians India. 2000 May;48(5):473-7. PMID: 11273135 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Thanvi I, Kumawat BL, Shubhakaran, Agarwal N. Importance of blood glucose level at the time of admission in severe and complicated malaria. J assoc Physicians India. 1998 Nov;46(11):923-5. PMID: 11229214 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Shubhakaran, Joshi A, Thanvi I, Kumawat BL. Neurological manifestations of falciparum malaria. J Assoc Physicians India. 1997 Nov;45(11):898-9. No abstract available. PMID: 11229204 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Halwai M, Kochar SK, Shubhakaran, Thanvi I. Brainstem auditory evoked potentials and somatosensory evoked potentials in cerebral malaria—a prognostic significance. J Assoc Physicians India. 2000 Mar;48(3):295-300. PMID: 11229113 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Agarwal N, Shubharakaran, Aseri S, Sharma BV, Rastogi A. Meningoencephalitis in brucellosis. Neurol India. 2000 Jun;48(2):170-3. PMID: 10878784 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Thanvi I, Joshi A, Subhakaran, Aseri S, Kumawat BL. Falciparum malaria and pregnancy. Indian J Malariol. 1998 Sep;35(3):123-30. PMID: 10497838 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Solanki RL, Kumawat BL, Anuradha Y, Joshi U, Kochar DK, Kalra VB. Pathology of malaria with special references to haematological changes in malaria. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 1996 Dec;39(5):391-414. No abstract available. PMID: 9002368 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Kochar SK, Bajiya HN, Maurya RK. Delayed cerebellar ataxia--a complication of Plasmodium falciparum malaria. J Assoc Physicians India. 1996 Oct;44(10):686-8.
Kochar DK, Kumawat BL, Kochar SK, Sanwal V. Hypoglycemia after oral quinine administration. J Assoc Physicians India. 1995 Sep;43(9):654, 657. No abstract available.
Panagariya Ashok , Sharma AK,Sureka RK,Kumawat BL. Wilson’s disease for Neurologist.Neuroscience Today,2002, Jan-March, 6(1):24-29.
Kochar DK, Meena CB and Kumawat BL. Peripheral neuropathies and neuralgias: In “Geriatric care in India” by author OP Sharma,New Delhi,Chapter 46 Page 386-395.
41.Panagariya Ashok, Bhawana Sharma and Kumawat BL. Neurotransmission and brain repair-“Future therapeutic perspective.”Reviews in Neurology” edited by M.M.Mehandiratta,S.M.Katrak & D.C.Chaudhary,CME Programme of IAN 2001:162-168.
Numbers of conferences attended in last 3 years:
- Attended National Neurology Conference (IANCON-2009) at Cochin from 10th to 13th September 2009.
- Chaired a session on “Neuropathology of HIV” at National Conference on Tropical Neurology - 2008 organized by Neurology Subsection, Indian Academy of Neurology and Dept. of Medicine, SP Medical College, Bikaner held on 15th & 16th March 2008 at Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Attended NEUROCON 2007 - 56th Annual national conference of Neurological Society of India held at Agra – U.P India from 14th to 17th December 2007.
- Attended National Neurology Conference (IANCON-2007) at Mumbai from 4th to 7th October.
- Presented a paper & Co-Editor of souvenir of National Conference of the IEA & IES: E-Con 2005 held in Jaipur on September 22nd & 23rd and presented a paper.
- Attended the Annual Conference of IAN, (IANCON) 2005. At Jaipur, 23–25 September 2005.
- Attended 54th annual conference of the Neurological Society of India Neurocon 2005 - held at VISAKHAPATNAM from December 15 to 18.
- Attended CMEs organized by SMS Medical College, Jaipur
MEDALS AND AWARDS
Awarded for Bikaner chapter award during 7th RAJ APICON & CME at Jaipur (10-11 Feb., 1996) by Hon’ble State Health Minister for presenting paper at Jodhpur in 1995 in APICON.
Awarded for M.Channa Reddy award for best scientific paper in conference during 8th RAJ APICON & CME at Ajmer (4-5Oct., 1997) by Hon’ble State Health Minister for presenting paper at Jaipur in 1996 during APIOCON.
For 1st Division in B.Sc. Examination passed from Maharaja’s College, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Merit Certificate for Securing 3rd Position in 1st MBBS Exam.at S.P.Medical College Bikaner in 1988.
Merit Certificate for Securing 2nd Position in 2nd MBBS Exam.at S.P.Medical College Bikaner in 1990
Merit Certificate for Securing 2nd Position in 3rd MBBS Exam.at S.P.Medical College Bikaner in 1992.
Award of Honor during National Asthma Update at Bikaner,2-4 Jan.1999.
Co-Author of paper “Neurological Manifestations of Falciparum Malaria” Published in JAPI 45(11); 1997:898-899. This was awarded for JC Patel and Mehta Award for the 2nd Prize for the best Correspondence during APICON 1999 at Calcutta.
DR.M.J.Shah Memorial Lectureship awarded in Tropical Medicine for Plate form presentation of paper“Meningoencephalitis in Brucellosis” during APICON-2000 at JAIPUR.(Certificate+Rs.2500/=)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS OF DR. R.K. SUREKA
1. Sureka RK, Mathur US, Bhandari VM, Systemic Mycosis, Difficult to Diagnose- dreadful of treat. Rajasthan Medical Journal 1981; Vol. XX4; 149-152.
2. Sureka RK, Mathur US, Cutaneous sensitivity and systemic allergic Manifestations of iodised contrast media. Indian Journal of Medical Science 1981; Vol. 35: 201-24.
3. Sureka RK, Rishi JP, Mathur US, bhandari VM, Gastric functions in patients with cirrhosis of liver. JAPI 1982; Vol. 30: 797-799.
4. Mathur US, Sureka RK, Tank ML, Rishi JP, Bhandari VM, Diagnistic Significance of Pleural fluid pH, pCO2 and bicarbonate. JIMA 1982; Vol. 78: 173-176.
5. Rishi JP, Bhai CPS, Sureka RK, Mathur US, bhandari VM. A correlative study of serum lipids, blood coagulation and blood coagulation and blood fibrinolysis in Diabetes mellitus. Indian Medical Gazette; May 1983: 175-183.
6. Bansal A, Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Cerebral Malaria- Current Concepts, Rajasthan Medical Journal 1992; Vol. XXXI: 14-16.
7. Sureka RK, Clinical study of respiratory allergy. Current Medical Practice 1992; Vol. 36: 243-247.
8. Sureka RK, Meena CL, Panagariya A, Sharma BM, Evaluation of the Clinical significance of Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials in Landry Guillain Barre Syndrome. Indian Medical gazette 1992; Vol. C. XXXI; No. 9: 253-258.
9. Sureka RK, Status Epilepticus- Current Concepts, Current Medical Practice 1994; Vol. 38: No. 5: 112-115.
10. Sureka RK, Heat Stroke- Neurological Manifestatons. Rajasthan Medical Probe (July 1994).
11. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Maru A. Status Epilepticus- Current Concepts And Management. A chapter in the book "Update on Emergency Care" . Four Decade Trust Jaipur 1994.
12. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Epilepsy: An overview for physicians CME, IMA, Alwar, Jan. 1996.
13. Sureka RK, Panagariya A, Sharma D, Marinesco Sjogren Syndrome - A case report, Neurology India 1997; 45: 28-30.
14. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Landry Guillain Barre Syndrome- An Unusual association with Herpes Zoster. JAPI 1997; Vol. 45, No. 10: 820.
15. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Arora A. Current developments in the Management of Subacute Sclerosing Panencephelitis. JAPI 1998; Vol. 46: 218-220.
16. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Sharma B, Sardana V. Neurological Complications following honey-bee sting. JAPI 1998; Vol. 45: 984.
17. Panagariya A, Sharma AK, Sureka RK, Sharma R, Bhargava A, Herpes Zoster myelitis- A study of four cases. Neuro-Sciences Today, 1998 Vol. II; 40-45.
18. Sureka R K, Published a Book “Mirgi Rog Ko Janiye” 1998.
19. Sureka RK, Clinical Profile and Spectrum of Epilepsy - A rural study in Rajasthan, JAPI 1999; Vol. 47; No. 6: 608-610.
20. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Singh S, Chaturvedi M, Mega Dose Intravenous Methyl Prednisolone in bilateral simultaneous optic Neuritis. JAPI 1999; Vol. 47; 8: 798-800.
21. Sureka RK, Rural Epilepsy Clinic: Rajasthan Medical Probe Vol. 6,3,1999.
22. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Approach to management of Parkinsons Disease: National Bulletin on Parkinson Diseases (Accepted).
23. Sureka RK, Rural Epilepsy Clinic- A satisfying experience: Epilepsy India, Jan- March, 1999.
24. Panagariya A, Garg A, Sureka RK. Antiphospholipid antibody positive Young Stroke- An analysis of 12 cases. Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, Bombay 2000; 46: 258-261.
25. Sureka RK, Seizures Associated with non neurological medical conditions: JMA Times Vol. 4, June 2000.
26. Panagariya A, Jain RS, Gupta S, Garg A, Sureka RK, Mathur V. Herpes simplex encephalitis- Experience in North West India Neurology India 2001; 49: 360-365.
27. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Sardana V., Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy - An experience from North India- Acta Neurologica Scandinavica 2001; 103: 1-6.
28. Panagariya A, Sharma A K, Sureka R K, Kumawat B L. neurologist and Wilson’s Disease. Neurosciences 2002; Vol. 24-29.
29. Sureka R K, “Mirgi Rog Ko Janiye” – Consumer World 2002; Vol; 24-29.
30. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Shubkaran. Multiple Intracranial Meningiomas. JAPI 2004; 715.
31. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Sharma AK, Sharma B- "Wilson's Disease A study of 21 cases from Indian Sub Continent. JAPI 2003 (Sent for Publication).
32. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Singh R, Prakash- Multiple Cavernous Haemangiomas Nerology India, 2003 (Sent for Publication).
33. Panagariya A, Harishikesh Kumar, Sureka RK, Sharma B, Mathew V - "Gullain Baree Syndrome- Some Aspects of Diagnosis And Management"- RMJ 2003; 29-38.
34. Sureka R K, "Mirgi Rog – Janiya Mahatvapurn Taths" in Hindi” in Hindi; Consumer world; July 2002: 41-43.
35. Sureka R K, “Apki Manspeshiya Rog se Pidit to Nahin”, Health view Sept. 2003 (Hindi).
36. Sureka R K, “Mirgi Rogi Bhi Apne Daksta Ka Parichaya De sakta Hai”, Health view 2003 (Hindi).
37. Panagariya A, Sureka R K, Sharma B, Hrishikesh Kumar, Clinical Profile of Epilepsy in a tertiary care centre of north west India, Seizure (Sent for publication) 2004.
38. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Sureka RK, Kankane A, "Sarcoid and Neurologist" Neurosciences Today (2004).
39. Panagariya A, Sureka RK, Udaniya DK, "Parkinsons and Recovery in Central and Extra Pontine Myelinilysis:- A case report: Neurology India 2004.
40. Vinay Agarwal, Sureka RK, Recent Management strategies in Parkinsons Disease: RMJ 2004, 32-37.
41. Sureka RK, Sharma B, Agarwal V: "Ataxia Telengectasia, : RMJ 2004., 63.
42. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Sureka R K, Agarwal V – Hypermmonemia: An under recognized cause of encephalopathy in clinical practice, 2006 JAPI.
43. Panagariya A, Sukhani P, Sharma B, Sureka R K – TUMEFACTIVE DEMYELINATION – a case of report set for publication (2006).
44. Sureka R K, Sureka Rohit – Prevalence of Epilepsy in Rural Rajasthan – A door to door survey – JAPI – 2007.
45. Sureka R K, Sureka Rohit – knowledge, Attitude & Practice of Epilepsy in Rural North – West India Annals of IAN – 2007.
46. Sureka R K, Sureka Rohit – Management of Epilepsy : An Internist view – Current Medical Trends (2006).
47. Sureka R K, Sureka Rohit – Seizures Associated with Non-Neurologic Medical Conditions – RMJ – 2007.
48. Panagariya A, Sureka R K, Sharma A K, Dev Amit, Agarwal Neeraj Wilson’s Disease – A study of 21 cases from Indian Subcontinent – annalsy – IAN (2007).
PAPERS SENT FOR PUBLICATIONS:
1. Panagariya A, Sureka R K, Rohit T, Sharma B, Dubey P, Clinicoradiologic profile of patient of tubercular meningitis and role of CSF – PCR in early diagnosis : A case series from a tertian care centre in North West India JAPI.
PAPERS PRESENTED :
1. Presented Paper "Prevalence of Epilepsy in Rural Rajasthan" in National Conference of IES (Annual Conference) 2006, Bangalore.
2. Presented Paper "Clinical Profile of Epilepsy in North West India" IANCON 2005, Jaipur.
3. Presented paper "Knowledge, Attitude and practice of Epilepsy in Rural Rajasthan" in National Conference of Epilepsy IES 2005, Jaipur.
4. Deometoglyphies patters in Epilepsy : ECON 2008 now Delhi.
1. "Partial Seizures" on world Epilepsy day CME 2005, 17th Nov.
2. Post Graduate Quiz in Epilepsy 2007.
3. "Epilepsy and Pregnancy” CME in Epilepsy.
4. 9th World congress & 17th National conference NARCHI – 2008 Epilepsy & pregnancy.
PUBLIC AWARENESS PROGRAM
Helped in Organization of “JAN CHETNA” program on Epilepsy and Stroke under the auspicious occasion of 6th Decade Celebration of SMS Medical College in 2007.
Website launched on Epilepsy & Pregnancy.
ON GOING PROJECT
1. Value of PCR in patients of Tubercular Meningitis.
2. Pregnancy and Epilepsy Registry Rajasthan – working as Nodal Officer.
3. CO-EDITOR of Rajasthan Medical Journal 2003-07, 2009 onwards.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS OF Dr. BHAWNA SHARMA
1. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Hrishikesh Kumar, Agarwal Vinay. Acute Encephalitis in Manual of Medical Emergencies, 3rd ed. Pushpanjali Medical Pub. Delhi, 2004
2. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Mathew V. Clinical and Immunological Spectrum Of The Syndrome Of Ophthalmoplegia, Ataxia And Areflexia. Neurosciences Today.
3. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Hrishikesh K, Mathew V. Changing trends of anticoagulants in acute stroke. Neurosciences today, 2003, Vol 7 No. 1: 16-21.
4. Panagariya A , Sharma B, Kumar H, Mathew V. Status Epilepticus- Current concepts and management. Neurosciences today 2003. Vol 8, No. 2: 79-83
5. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Shubhkaran. CADASIL IN AN Indian Family- A case report from North Western part of country JAPI
6. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Garg A. Oculopalatal syndrome with Ataxia Hymenoptera Sting- an unusual complication JAPI : 2004 June
7. Panagariya A. Sharma AK, Sharma B. Painful paroxysmal dystonia due to cervical cord compression. JAPI, 1997; 45 (5): 419.
8. Panagariya A, Sureka R K, Sharma B, Saradana V. Neurological source. Journal of National Products. 1981, Vol 44. No.6 V.
9. Panagariya A, Bhawna Sharma, Agarwal Vinay, Mathew Vivek. Valproate induced Hyperammonemia. Case Report. JAPI ( accepted)
10. Panagariya A. Sharma B, Singh R Pictorial CME- A case of CV junction anomaly. Rajasthan Medical Journal,2004.
11. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Kumar H, Mathew V. Acute Encepalitis . Rajsthan Medical Journal. Special supplement 2003: 22-28
12. Panagariya A , Sharma B, Kumar H, Mathew V. Guillain Barre Syndrome – some aspects of diagnosis and management. RMJ, Speciall supplement.2003: 29-38.
13. Panagariya A , Sharma B, Kumar H, Mathew V Diagnosis and management of acute migraine status. Rajasthan Medical Journal . Special suppl. 2003: 47-54.
14. Panagariya A , Sharma B, Kumar H, Mathew V. Acute Stroke management : Role of anticoagulants reviewed . Rajasthan Medical Journal. Special suppl. 2003:55-61.
15. Panagariya A, Sharma B. Approach to CNS infections in Current practice in Neurology. 1 st Ed. Pushpanjali Medical pub. Delhi,2004
16. Status Epilepticus – Current conceptsand management : Proceedings in National Critical care meet. 2003 Panagariya A, Sharma Bhawna, Agarwal Vinay, Mathew Vivek. Vaiproate induced Hyperammonemia. Case report. JAPI (accepted.)
17. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Agarwal V. Thoacic Outlet Syndrome – a case report and review. Rajasthan Medical Journal 2004.
18. Panagariya A, Sureka R K, Sharma A K, Sharma B. clinical profile of wilson’s Disease in North West India.
19. Panagariya A , sharma B, Singh R, Kumar H: the Neuroleptic Malignant syndrome – a report of 14 cases from North west India: Neurology India.
20. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Dev Amit. Tumefactive multiple Sclerosis :Case Report. Neurology India.
21. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Singh R. MRI study of 15 cases of flourosis.
22. Panagariya A, Sharma B, Kumar H, Mathew V. Hypothalamic Hemartoma – a case report and short review.
ACADEMIC ACTIVITY: -
1. Organized lectures on recent awardees in management of Stroke in year 2008
2. Organized lecture and workshop on Interventional Neurology, 21-22 November, 2009.
DR. R. K. SUREKA
1. 53rd Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India in 2004.
2. International Neurology update 2004.
3. 13th Annual Conference of IANCON 2005.
4. 6th Annual Conference of India Epilepsy Society 2005.
5. Annual Conference of IAN 2006.
6. International comprehensive update on Diagnostic and Therapeutics in Epilepsy CUE and Neuro electro physiology workshops 2006.
7. CMS ON BOTOX 11th April 2007, Jaipur.
8. Neurology update Bombay 2008.
9. Workshop on Computerization by NIC 08.
10. CME on Movement Disorder in SMS Medical College 2008.
11. CME on PARKINSON March 2008, Jaipur.
12. ECON – 2009 at TIRUPATI.
DR. BHAWNA SHARMA
1. Attended European Neurology society conference bit 2009 June 19-24, miles.
2. Attended IAN 2009 at Kochi.
3. Chaired session in stroke conference at medicity.
4. Chaired session at CME on Brain tumors, Jaipur.
DETAILS OF AWARDS:-
1. PROF. ASHOK PANAGARIYA :-
I. Awardee of the most prestigious honour in medical profession in India by the Hon’ble President – Dr. B. C. Roy Medal for developing superspeciality of Neurology in North – West India.
II. Nominated to PGI Board of Governing Council – 2009.
III. Nominated Honorary Neurology Consultant / Advisor to the Armed Forces Medical services by the Ministry of Defense.
IV. On the selection board to select professor of Neurology at the Prestigious, AIIMS, New Delhi and Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
V. Visiting professor to AIIMS, New Delhi / PGI Chandigarh / BHU, Varanasi/ SGPGI Lucknow/ Mt. Sinai NY.
VI. Recognized Locum consultant in / England.
VII. Member, Medical Council of India. (2004-2009)
2. DR. RAJENDRA SINGH JAIN
- List of Awards/ Recognitions/ Achievements :-
- Shri Mali Ram Pooran Mal Rawat Gold Medal for securing highest marks & honours in Anatomy in first MBBS examination.
- P.M. Nahata’s Memorial Gold Medal for securing highest marks in Physiology in first MBBS examination.
- Smt. Kamla Ranka Memorial Gold Medal for securing highest marks in aggregate in first MBBS examination.
- Acharya Shri Salik Ram Dass Rewasa Memorial Gold Medal for securing second position in aggregate of first, second & final MBBS examination.
- Merit Certificate – University of Rajasthan
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship – University of Bombay
- National Level Award – Best Poster Presentation Award in IXth Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology, New Delhi.
- Awarded “CHIKITSA VIBHUSHAN” by Indian Medical Association, Jaipur branch on Doctor’s Day.
- Awarded first ever Times Wellness Rajasthan Health Award 2013 for “Best Doctor in Neurology in Rajasthan”.
- Honoured with State Award by Hon. Chief Minister, Rajasthan on 15th August,2013.
- National – Senior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi.
- International – World Federation of Neurology Fellowship, London (U.K.).
- International – Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders Fellowship, Stockholm (Sweden)
- List of National Journals Publications :-
- Initial bi-ventricular performance following acute M.I. and in-hospital morbidity and mortality. Ind J Nucl Med 2:73-76, 1987.
- Multigated radionuclide ventriculography during in-hospital phase of acute myocardial infarction. JAPI 37 : 575-77, 1989.
- Caphagraine – an indigenous drug in prophylactic treatment of migraine. The Medicine and Surgery 29 : 9-12, 1989.
- HHE Syndrome – Imaging Diagnosis. J Applied Med. 977- Dec., 1990.
- Paraplegia in Eales disesase. The Ind Practitioner. XLIII : 1123-25, 1990.
- Flunarizine in the prophylaxis of migraine. The Ind Practitioner XLIV : 383-86, 1991.
- Treating epilepsy – an internist’s approach. Current Medical Trends 1:47-49, 1997.
- Ross’ syndrome – Report of 2 cases. The Ind Practitioner 50 : 909-10, 1997.
- Stroke like presentation of CJD : An unusual variant. JAPI 47 : 548-50, 1999.
- Neurosarcoidosis : Reviews in Neurology – IAN 2001.
- Herpes simplex encephalitis in north west India. Neurol India 49 : 360-65, 2001.
- Primary CNS Lymphoma : Reviews in Neurology – IAN 2002.
- Eales’ Disease with Neurological Manifestations. JAPI 52 : 342, 2004.
- Neurosyphilis and HIV seropositivity. JIMA 102 : 108, 2004.
- Neurotuberculosis. Dots Up Date 10 : 9-11, 2007.
- Brainstem transient ischemic attacks due to compression of pons from a persistent primitive trigeminal artery. Neurol India 2013;61:321-2.
- Reversible dementia as presenting manifestation of racemose neurocysticercosis. Ann Indian Acad Neurol.2013: 3:452-3.
- A rare presentation of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis with acute fulminant course and atypical radiological features. Ann Indian Acad Neurol.2013:16 (4):732-33.
- Moyamoya disease with exaggerated startle response: a rare co-occurrence. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2013:16(4):733-34.
- Challenges in the diagnosis of a case of acute intermittent porphyria in India. J Postgrad Med.2013:59(4):338-39.
- Mycotic aneurysms of the intracranial and peripheral circulation: a rare complication of bacterial endocarditis. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. doi:10.4103/0972-2327.128560.
- Primary intraventricular hemorrhage:clinical features, risk factors, etiology, and yield of diagnostic cerebral angiography. Neurol India 2014;62:144-48.
- An institutional experience of 26 patients with Moyamoya disease:A study from Northwest India. Ann Indian Acad Neurol.2014.17:182-6.
- Hereditary Amyloid Polyneuropathy in a Family from North West India : Phenotypic, MRI and Pathologic study. JAPI.62:538-41,2014.
- ‘Hot Cross Bun’ and ‘Inverse Trident Sign’ in Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy with HIV Seropositivity. Neurol India.2014;62:341-2
First Case Report in World Literature. (INDIAN)
- List of International Journals Publications :-
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis presenting as adult onset epilepsy. IJCP 57 : 739-41, 2003. (INTERNATIONAL).
- A spinal neurenteric cyst presenting as burning feet syndrome. IJCP 57 : 846-47, 2003. (INTERNATIONAL).
- ‘Hot cross bun’ sign in a case of cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis: a rare neuroimaging observation. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-006641. (INTERNATIONAL). Case Report in World Literature.
- Erdheim-Chester disease with isolated craniocerebral involvement. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-006823. (INTERNATIONAL).
First Case Report in World Literature.
- Calvarial tuberculosis with intracranial tuberculomas: a rare association. JNR. 2013;3(3-4):130-132 (INTERNATIONAL).
- Cyclic mood disorder heralding adult-onset autosomal dominant leucodystrophy: A clinical masquerader.Asian J Psychiatry.2013. doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp. 2013.11.004. (INTERNATIONAL). First Case Report in World Literature.
- Vertebro-Basilar territory Ischemic Stroke following electrical injury: A delayed sequel. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014. doi: 10.1016/ j.jstrokecerebrovasdis. 2013.12.023. (INTERNATIONAL). First Case Report in World Literature.
- Acute Hypokalemic Quadriparesis: An atypical Neurological manifestation of Dengue virus. J Neurovirol. 2014. doi: 10.1007/s13365-014-0232-z. (INTERNATIONAL).
First Case Report in World Literature.
- Albright’s hereditary dystrophy: brain stones. BMJ Case Rep 2014. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-203369. (INTERNATIONAL).
- Recurrent Spontaneous Spinal Epidural Hematoma leading to compressive Myelopathy. Am J Emerg Med. 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2013.12.061. (INTERNATIONAL).
- Clinically isolated syndrome presenting as paroxysmal dysarthria: a rare but typical presentation. Neurol Sci. doi 10.1007/s10072-014-1723-7. (INTERNATIONAL).
- Clinicoradiological improvement of intracranial tubercular abscess with medical management alone. BMJ Case Rep 2014. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-203497. (INTERNATIONAL).
- SUNCT:the rarest primary headache in Indian perspective. Austin J.of Clin Case Rep.2014;1(2):3 (INTERNATIONAL)
- Wrist Clonus and Oculomotor Apraxia in Corticobasal Degeneration. Austin J.of Clin Case Rep.2014;1(3):1 (INTERNATIONAL)
- Cysticercotic encephalitis: A life threatening form of neurocysticercosis. Am J Emerg Med.doi:10.1016/j.ajem.2014.04.048 (INTERNATIONAL).
- Acute psychosis presenting as a sole manifestation of left atrial myxoma: A new paradigm. Am J Emerg Med.doi:org/10.1016/j.ajem.2014.05.006 (INTERNATIONAL).
- Purple glove syndrome occurring after oral administration of phenytoin in therapeutic doses: mechanism still a dilemma. Am J Emerg Med.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2014.05.039 (INTERNATIONAL). First Case Report in World Literature.
- Intramedullary Craniovertebral junction Tuberculoma: An uncommon location of a common disease. J Infect Public Health.doi:10.1016/j.jiph.2014.04.006. (INTERNATIONAL).
Papers Accepted (Publications Awaited):-
1.Racemose Neurocysticercosis – Case of the week. AJNR. (INTERNATIONAL).
2.Pituitary Apoplexy mimicking subarachnoid haemorrhage.Age and Ageing. (INTER-NATIONAL).
3."Reverse ‘Hot Cross Bun’, ‘Mercedes Benz’, ‘Face of the Giant Panda and Her Cub’ Signs with Pontine Infarcts:A Radiological Pandora!"BMJ Case Rep. (INTERNATIONAL). First Case Report in World Literature
3. DR. A. K. SHARMA
I. Fellowship of Indian college of Physician (FICP) in year 2010.
4. DR. R. K. SUREKA
I. State awarded for work in Epilepy-2010
5. DR. BHAWNA SHARMA
I. Awarded 4 phase III clinical trials on epilepsy.
II. Awarded 1 Phase III clinical trial on multiple scleroses.
III. Under site selection process for trials on stroke (Phase-III) and Parkinson’s (Phase-II).
6. DR. DINESH KHANDELWAL :-
I. Commonwealth Scholarship: Stroke Medicine at Southern General Hospital, Galsgow, UK (From 6th Oct. to 9th Feb. 2008).
II. Indian Academy of Neurology fellowship to study at the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, From 11th Oct. to 17th Dec. 2004.
III. Best Post Graduate of Neurology for the year 2003 by the Hon. Health Minister to Govt. of India, at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi-110029
IV. Travel Grant to attend dopamine transporter imaging workshop at London by Movement Disorder Society.
STATUS OF RECOGNITION OF THE COURSES:-
1. Currently running the DM course by the recognized by MCI.